Skip the store and print out these Happy Birthday Tags at home…for free! Gift tags are perfect for adding that finishing touch to a gift wrapped present. Download and print custom gift tags and keep a bunch on hand when you need them with this free printable gift tags template!
Creative Ways to Use The Happy Birthday Tags Printable
- Use this birthday gift tags printable as favor tags for gifts attached to printable party favor bags for birthday party participants.
- Glue the Happy Birthday favor tags on toothpicks to make cupcake toppers (or attach to a skewer for a DIY cake topper!).
- Attach to a gift bag and slip in any of my FOUR free birthday cards to print!
- Tie the Happy Birthday gift tags on a length of twine to make a cute bday banner or garland.
- Tie the gift tags on a string and tie to the bottom of a balloon for festive party decor!
- Wrap small gifts in birthday printable wrapping paper and finish off with a colorful gift tag!
What You Need to Make Happy Birthday Gift Tags
To make these gift tags printable, you’ll need white cardstock, scissors, hole puncher, and the printable template.
How to Make Happy Birthday Tags for Gifts:
Step 1: Print
Download the printable birthday gift tags and print on 8.5 x 11″ white cardstock (I use Neenah 65# Bright White).
Step 2: Cut & Punch a Hole
Use scissors or a paper trimmer to cut along the edges. With a hole punch, make a hole through the tag on the colored dot at the top of the tag.
Tip: The colored dot on the tag is to indicate where to punch the hole and is meant for an added decorative touch.
Step 3: Add it to a Gift
Tie the gift tag to a wrapped gift or gift bag. The tags look great with the matching free printable party favor bags, birthday printable wrapping paper (shown below) and a free birthday card to print!
Frequently Asked Questions:
How to Use Happy Birthday Tags:
Use the birthday gift tags for bags, gifts, printable party favor bags, as cupcake toppers, banners, and more. Anytime you need to add a special tag to a gift, just print, cut, and go! These tags pair perfectly with my Birthday Printable Wrapping Paper and Matching Free Printable Birthday Cards to Print.
What size are these Happy Birthday Gift Tags?
These “Happy Birthday” Tags measure 2.25” x 2.5″ when printed and cut out. The “YAY” and “HBD” tags measure 3.25″ x 1.25″.
What occasions are the printable gift tags suitable for?
The gift tag printable work for any age or gender. The bright colors work with practically any theme and add a fun finishing touch to any gift or birthday party favors.
What paper weight is best for these?
I used 65lb. white card stock. You definitely want something thicker than normal computer paper so the gift tags last longer.
How should I attach the gift tags?
You can use ribbon or a thin decorative string like baker’s twine to attach the tags to the gift.
- White Cardstock
- Free Printable Gift Tag PDF (link above)
- Colored Printer
- Hole Punch
- Twine or String
- Download the printable birthday gift tags and print on 8.5 x 11″ white cardstock.
- Use scissors or a paper trimmer to cut along the edges. With a hole punch, make a hole through the tag on the colored dot at the top of the tag.
- Tie the gift tag to a wrapped gift or gift bag. The tags look great with the matching free birthday printable wrapping paper!
Size: These “Happy Birthday” Tags measure 2.25” x 2.5″ when printed and cut out. The “YAY” and “HBD” tags measure 3.25″ x 1.25″.
More Free Birthday Printables
- Birthday Printable Wrapping Paper
- Free Printable Birthday Card
- Printable Blank Bingo Cards (perfect birthday party game idea!)
Please note that these files are for personal use only and redistribution or reselling for commercial use is strictly prohibited. If you would like to spread the word about this printable, you are free to do so but (A) must link directly back to this post for download (please do not link directly to the printable download file) and (B) may only use one image from the post. Thank you for your cooperation!