Forget the fancy decorating and grab the edible food pen to draw-your-own easy Halloween cookies! Using a white peanut butter cup as the “canvas”, you can customize with your own icons, faces or spooktacular phrases!
One of my favorite food crafting discoveries the past few years has been the edible food marker. Traditionally used to add embellishments to royal icing sugar cookies, these markers are known to be a great alternative to having to pipe thin details. And while I love a good sugar cookie decorating challenge, spending 24+ hours in the kitchen meticulously decorating cookies is something I reserve for a few times a year. The rest of the time, I go the easy route with cookies that can be whipped up and devoured within an hour.
So today I’m sharing an easy idea to achieve a more custom cookie look without all the hours of decorating. Using white peanut butter cups as our “canvas” and a edible food pen to draw on fun details, we can achieve cute cookies in under an hour!
What You Need for these Easy Halloween Cookies:
1 Recipe White Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Cookies (Below)
Full-Size White Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups
Edible Black Food Marker
Optional: Candy Eyeballs
How to Make these Easy Halloween Cookies:
- After mixing the dough, roll into 3-tablespoon sized balls and slightly flatten the tops of each one (see above).
2. After removing from oven, immediately press peanut butter cups into the center of each cookie.
3. Allow the cookies to cool on the hot baking sheet for 10 minutes before removing them from cookie sheet. If needed, pop the cookies in the refrigerator to help re-harden the chocolate.
4. Wait until the chocolate is completely cooled and hardened, then use the edible food pen to draw on fun details like spider webs and Halloween phrases, or simply attach candy eyeballs when the chocolate is still melted.
Maybe it’s the designer in me, but drawing on cookies is my new favorite thing to do. After finishing, wrap them in plastic and slip them in a printable treat bag for a even sweeter Halloween party favor.
So tell me in the comments below, what would YOU draw on these easy Halloween cookies?
Forget the fancy decorating and grab the edible food pen to draw-your-own easy Halloween cookies! Using a white peanut butter cup as the "canvas", you can customize with your own icons, faces or spooktacular phrases!
- 3/4 cup 1 1/2 sticks butter, softened
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 24 full-sized white chocolate peanut butter cups
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter, peanut butter, brown sugar, and white sugar with an electric mixer on medium speed for 30 seconds. Add in vanilla and eggs and continue to mix for 10 seconds.
- Add baking soda and mix on low speed for 10 seconds. Add flour and continue to mix until all flour is incorporated.
- Scoop dough into (3 tablespoon sized) balls. Lightly flatten each ball before placing on cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 8-9 minutes. They may look underdone, but they will finish baking on the hot cookie sheet after you take it out of the oven. (Of course, because ovens bake differently use your best judgement to keep them in a minute longer if they look severely under baked.)
- After removing from oven, immediately press peanut butter cups into the center of each cookie.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the hot baking sheet for 10 minutes before removing them from cookie sheet. If needed, pop the cookies in the refrigerator to help re-harden the chocolate.
- Wait until completely cooled and hardened before drawing.