Sure, wrapping paper gets all the glory when it comes to Christmas gifts. But, a holiday gift isn’t complete without Christmas gift tags! No need to buy generic sheets of flimsy gift tags and labels this year. Grab my free printable Christmas tags to add that extra special touch to your gifts – all you have to do is download and print!
Fun Ways to Use These Printable Christmas Gift Tags
- Use Christmas gift tag template to create an Advent calendar. Write in 1-24 or use a special hand lettering type onto different designs and tie them to small gifts. It’s a fun printable to help little ones count down the days to Christmas.
- The tags make festive additions for gift bags or boxes, especially for a cookie swap holiday party. Pair with my matching christmas printable wrapping paper for a complete DIY gift!
- Some other Christmas gift tag ideas is to use them for secret Santa gifts, stocking stuffers or any impromptu gift during the holiday season.
What You Need to Make DIY Christmas Gift Tags
To make these free Christmas gift tags, you’ll need white cardstock, scissors, and the printable template.
How to Make Personalized Christmas Gift Tags:
Step 1: Print
Download the printable Merry Christmas gift tag PDF and print on 8.5 x 11″ white cardstock (I use Neenah 65# Bright White).
Step 2: Cut
Use a scissors, exacto knife, or die-cutting machine to cut along the edges.
Step 3: Gift!
Use a hole puncher to make holes in the “to” tags. Hole punch at the top of the candy cane gingerbread and snowman printable gift tags to insert a piece of string or ribbon for tying.
Use baker’s twine or ribbon to tie free Christmas gift tags to your gifts.
Frequently Asked Questions:
How to Use Free Printable Gift Tags:
These adorable tags can be used in place of store-bought tags. Each printable features snowman gift tags, gingerbread gift tags, candy cane tags, and festive colored “to” pennant flags (that all match our printable Christmas wrapping paper!). All these tags can be printed as needed. Simply download, print, and attached to your gift–easy peasy.
What size are these Free Printable Christmas Gift Tags?
These boxes measures about xx x xx” inches when assembled.
What paper weight is best for these?
I used 65lb. white cardstock. You definitely want something thicker than normal computer paper, otherwise these will not be sturdy.
Ideas for using these Christmas gift tags:
Attach Christmas gift tags for gifting to everyone on your holiday list!
Neighbor gift ideas:
- DIY Cookie Tray + Printable Tag
- Gift cookies in jar with tag
- Give jar of cookie mix with Xmas M&M’s with tag
- Laminate tags and use as ornaments
- DIY hot cocoa mix in plastic bag + Printable Tag
- Seasonal decorated donuts
- Christmas potpourri
Teacher gift ideas:
- Scented candle + Printable Tag wrapped around
- Gift bag of bath bombs
- Fun smelling hand soap or hand sanitizer
- Amazon or Starbucks gift cards
- Potted succulent
- Fuzzy socks
Student gift ideas:
- Tie tag around candy bar
- Put candy in a plastic bag and tie tag around
- Attach tag to xmas themed pencils
- Tie tag around container of play doh
- Attach gift tag to box of holiday crayons
- Personalized water bottles
More Free Christmas Printables
Please note that these files are for personal use only and redistribution or reselling for commercial use is strictly prohibited. If you would like to spread the word about this printable, you are free to do so but (A) must link directly back to this post for download (please do not link directly to the printable download file) and (B) may only use one image from the post. Thank you for your cooperation!