Printable paper dolls are such an amazing tool for learning and play. Your kids will have hours of fun dressing up their new little friends! Includes 6 characters, lots of clothes, and wait for it…a unicorn onesie!
Ways to Use These Paper Doll Cutouts
- Use these dolls for various activities including dress up and pretend play. These paper dolls to print are also perfect for storytelling!
- Dress the dolls up in paper doll clothes for a fashion show. Each free printable paper doll template comes with clothing and accessories. Dress your dolls up for a day on the beach, or as a unicorn or mermaid!
- Paper dolls aren’t just for girls–there’s a boy paper doll template included in the pdf files. Click here to learn how to turn a picture into a pdf.
- Print paper doll sets to give as gifts – how fun would a laminated set of these!
- Customize the free paper dolls. Print out the black and white version onto card stock and color them however you like. Design fashionable outfits for your paper doll along with matching accessories–what paper doll wouldn’t love to sport a pair of sneakers, swimsuit or colorful pants?
What You Need to Make Printable Paper Dolls
To make these paper doll cutouts, you’ll need white cardstock, scissors (an exacto knife may be helpful too!), and the paper dolls printable template. I’ve included instructions and cutting guides on the download, so you know exactly where to cut, score, and fold.
How to Make the Paper Doll Cutout:
Step 1: Print
Download the printable paper doll PDF and print on 8.5 x 11″ white cardstock (I use Neenah 65# Bright White).
Step 2: Cut
Use scissors, exacto knife, or die-cutting machine to cut along the edges.
Tip: To make the paper dolls last longer, laminate before cutting. I use this cheap laminator from Scotch & it works great!
Step 3: Time to Play!
Arrange the dolls and clothes into their separate piles. Now it’s time for an endless array of paper doll activities! Dress your paper dolls with one of the paper cloths, funky socks, and shoes. Another option is to laminate the printable, then cut them out and add magnet dots the back of the paper dolls. You can use it on a cookie sheet or any other magnetic surface.
Frequently Asked Questions:
How to Use Printable Paper Dolls:
Paper dolls are fun on so many levels. They help young children develop vocabulary and fine motor skills. Older kids can practice coloring and cutting skills. Paper dolls are always great for imaginative play.
What’s included with the paper doll cutouts?
In the printable dress-up paper dolls freebie file you can find 6 paper dolls, 3 male and 3 female, along with various colorful outfits, costumes, and swimwear.
What ages are printable paper dolls for?
The paper dolls with clothes to print pdf are great for kids ages 2-8 (or older). It’s totally okay for big kids and grownup to play alongside with the littles too.
What paper weight is best for these?
I used 65lb. White cardstock for the paper dolls printable free template. You definitely want something thicker than normal computer paper, otherwise, the paper dolls will not be durable. To make the paper dolls last longer, laminate before cutting. I use this cheap laminator from Scotch & it works great!
How should I store the paper doll cutouts?
Store the paper dolls in a pencil box or in a metal lunch box (if you have magnets on them).
More Free Summer Printables for Kids
Please note that these files are for personal use only and redistribution or reselling for commercial use is strictly prohibited. If you would like to spread the word about this printable, you are free to do so but (A) must link directly back to this post for download (please do not link directly to the printable download file) and (B) may only use one image from the post. Thank you for your cooperation!