Whip up these easy teacher treats as a way to thank the teachers in your life! No fancy decorating needed – just cookies, clear treat bags, and cute printables!
With just a few weeks to go before school starts back up, it’s time to get those school supplies ready and start thinking about teacher gift ideas! I know how hectic this time of year can be, so today I’m collaborating with my favorite food-safe packaging supplier, ClearBags, to show you how to make EASY homemade teacher treats that even the kiddos can help with! No fancy cookie decorating needed – just some cookie sticks, frosting, clear treat bags, and printables!
What You Need To Make Sugar Cookie Teacher Treats
How to Make Sugar Cookie Teacher Treats
- Cut sugar cookie dough into 1.25 x 5″ sticks with a knife or cookie stick cutter. For pink eraser cookies, cut each stick in half to get 2 smaller cookies.
- Once cooled, frost each cookie stick yellow (or pink for the erasers). Place in refrigerator until frosting sets.
- Cut out pencil printables using an exacto knife or scissors.
- Slip each cookie stick into a 2×8″ Crystal Clear Food-Safe Bag then tie closed with twine. Attach pencil tip & eraser printable to outside of bag with double-sided tape then finish off with a teacher gift tag, if desired!
Tip: To make the ruler cookie, simply use a black permanent marker to draw lines on outside of bag!
What I love about these easy teacher cookies is that they don’t require fancy decorating skills or a ton of different colors of frosting. Just mix up one frosting color, slip in a skinny food-safe clear bag and then let the printables make the design come together!
Top each cookie treat bag off with a printable teacher gift tag and send those kiddos off to school with a fun, no-hassle teacher gift!
Easy Pencil Cookies
Whip up these easy teacher treats as a way to thank the teachers in your life! No fancy decorating needed - just cookies, clear treat bags, and cute printables!
- 1 Recipe Cut Out Sugar Cookies (you can use any cookie recipe, although you do want a recipe that doesn't spread, as you want the cookie sticks to fit in the plastic bags.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1-2 Drops Red Food Coloring
To Make Frosting: In a large bowl, whip butter for a 3-4 minutes until light and fluffy on high speed. Whip in vanilla extract, almond extract, and salt. On medium/low speed begin adding in powdered sugar 1/2 cup at a time until all is incorporated. Mix at high speed for 2-3 minutes until nice and creamy.
After cookies are frosted, place in refrigerator to harden before slipping in plastic bags.
Makes 1 cup of frosting.
- Nutrition facts for frosting only.
This post was created in partnership with Clear Bags (my favorite place to get food-safe treat packaging!). All content, templates, and opinions are that of my own. Thank you to my partners who help keep this blog & free printables running!