Yesterday marked my 3rd cookie fail of this 30 days series. We're talking about blondie bars that sunk faster than my flip phone in the deep end of my local swimming pool (true story). I'm pretty sure I didn't add enough baking soda, but nonetheless, they were 0% blog worthy. Luckily, not all baking fails end in defeat. Because these revel bars that I made right after made me forget all about my prior mishap.
I still have a little bit of Halloween candy left over, and as an attempt to use it up, I threw in some Rolo caramels in the center of these bars for good measure. The dough is a soft chocolate chip oatmeal, that is perfect for holding together these sinful layers of chocolate caramel together.
They almost look under-baked with all the center gooeyness, but don't let all that chocolate caramel fool you. Dipped in milk and oh my goodness, you might as well forget that calories exist.
I'm a little bit tempted to pull these out of the freezer right now. Okay, a lot tempted.
Chocolate Caramel Layered Revel Bars
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened i.e. 2 sticks
- 1 ½ cups light brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 ½ cups quick oats
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 12 Rolo candies chopped
Before you begin! If you make this, will you do me a huge favor and leave a review and rating letting me know how you liked this recipe? This helps my small business thrive so I can continue providing free recipes and high-quality content for you.
- In a large bowl, cream together softened unsalted butter (1 cup, i.e., 2 sticks), light brown sugar (1 ½ cups), and granulated sugar (½ cup) with an electric mixer on medium speed for 30 seconds. Add in vanilla extract (1 ½ teaspoons) and eggs (2 large) and continue to mix for 10 seconds.
- Add baking soda (1 teaspoon) and mix on low speed for 10 seconds. Add all-purpose flour (2 ½ cups) and quick oats (2 ½ cups), and continue to mix until all flour is incorporated.
- Add in the 1 cup of the semi-sweet chocolate chips to the dough and mix for 10 seconds on low speed.
- Grease an 9x13 pan and evenly spread half of the cookie dough mixture on the bottom of the pan. Next, evenly layer the 1 cup of milk chocolate chips & Rolo candies on top of the cookie dough. Spread the remaining half of the cookie dough on top of the chocolate chips.
- Bake at 350℉ for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool completely before cutting. If not serving immediately, store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Last Step! Please leave a review and rating letting me know how you liked this recipe! This helps my small business thrive so I can continue providing free recipes and high-quality content for you.
Some recipes are so hard to write about because all I want to do is gush over the deliciousness. So I'll do you a favor and stop right now. Partly because I could talk about them forever, but mainly because they're calling my name from the freezer.