* If you follow me on social media, you know that all of November I will be posting cookie recipes in a series called, 30 Days of Cookies. That’s 30 recipes to develop, make, photograph, edit, and write in 30 days. For a roundup of all posts, you can visit the 30 Days of Cookies Archive page. Today is Day 28 of 30 with these Melt in Your Mouth Chocolate Dipped Pretzel Cookies. Follow along on Instagram for behind the scenes cookie-making-madness and be sure to link up your own cookie recipes, using the hashtag #30daysofcookies.
I can hardly believe it’s almost the end of November and 30 Days of Cookies is just about done. My freezer is stocked full of cookies and the official December “holiday baking” hasn’t even begun yet. I made these chocolate pretzel cookies on a whim today as one of the last cookies in the series.
These cookies have a light chocolately taste with a melt-in-your-mouth texture. With chopped chocolate covered pretzels inside the dough, as well as a pretzel on the top, you get a sweet and salty combo sure to cure both cravings.
The pretzels I bought were pre-dipped in chocolate, saving me the hassle to dip them myself. These would also be fun to try with almond bark dipped pretzels that are topped with sprinkles. Now there’s an idea I’m going to have to try. Sometimes I wonder why I don’t think of these type of things while making the cookies.
- 1 cup 2 sticks butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1 cup chocolate dipped pretzels chopped
- 3 dozen chocolate dipped pretzels for topping
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together butter, sugar, brown sugar, and cocoa powder with electric mixer for 30 seconds. Add egg and stir until combined.
- Next, add baking soda and stir for 10 seconds. Slowly add in flour and mix for 30 seconds, or until dough is combined. Mix in chopped chocolate pretzels.
- Scoop dough into one-tablespoon sized balls, slightly press into a thick disc and place on a parchment-covered baking sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes. immediately after baking, press a chocolate pretzel into the top of each cookie. Allow for the cookies to continue to cool on baking sheet for 5-10 minutes until removing cookies from the baking sheet.
- Store in airtight for 3-5 days or freeze for long-term storage.
I had been wanting to incorporate pretzels into a cookie recipe for a few weeks, and I’m glad I finally thought of a way to implement them. May have taken me until Day 28, but it’s better late than never. Chocolate and pretzels are always better late than never.