If you’re a fondue lover, this DIY Rice Krispies Treats Fondue Party sponsored by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser is a fun treat idea for girls night in! This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #KreateMyHappy #CollectiveBias
With all the Frozen parties out there, I felt it was time to get in on the action. I posted these printable boxes a few months ago, but this time we’re talking about a fun snack for the adults at the party! Ya know, a twist to girls night in. No need to wait until New Years, pop open the champagne and indulge in some too-good-to-be-true fondue!
My brain tends to work in strange ways, so when I thought about dipping Rice Krispies Treats in fondue, I knew I wanted to turn them into something else. Sure, champagne doesn’t necessarily need ice but turning them into little ice cubes was irresistible. Simply dipping them into chocolate wasn’t enough. Dipping them into white chocolate, turning them into champagne replicas, dipping them in more chocolate, and then rolling them in crushed candy? Now that sounds more like it.
Below is a list of everything you’ll need to make these happen champagne dippers happen! Other than the adorable paper straws that I got from Sweets & Treats, everything else was picked up from Walmart!
– 8 Rice Krispies Treats
– JET-PUFFED Miniature Marshmallows
– Almond Bark
– Blue Food Coloring
– Paper Straws
I even made a little video to show you the steps to put these together. Make sure your sound is on, the jingle may be the best part!
Once the glasses were assembled, I whipped up a homemade chocolate peanut butter fondue sauce and crushed up some M&M’s Peanut Butter & M&M’s plain that guests could dip the Rice Krispies Treats “ice cube” bites into. This fondue is so good, you’ll probably find yourself wanting to dip everything into it. Which is why those extra marshmallow bubbles on top come in so handy!
Dip rice krispy squares in almond bark to turn them into cute ice cubes!
- 8 Kellogg’s® Rice Krispies Treats® cubed
- 9 squares White Almond Bark
- 1-2 Drops Blue Food Coloring
- 2 cups JET-PUFFED Miniature Marshmallows for Champagne “Bubbles
- 1/4 cup M&M’s plain crushed
- 1/4 cup M&M’s Peanut Butter crushed
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/4 cup milk
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- To make Rice Krispy Ice Cubes, start by cutting each Kellogg’s® Rice Krispies Treat into 6 small cubes. Melt almond bark in the microwave according to instructions on package and stir in 1-2 drops of blue food coloring. Dip each cubed Kellogg’s® Rice Krispies Treats® into almond bark and place on wax paper to harden.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan over medium heat, cook chocolate chips, sugar, milk, and peanut butter until smooth; whisking throughout. Remove from heat and transfer to a fondue pot to keep warm.
- To assemble the champagne glasses, place 4-6 Rice Krispies Treats® “ice cubes” in each glass and top with JET-PUFFED Miniature Marshmallows to resemble champagne bubbles. Poke a paper straw into one of the top cubes for guests to use as the dipping sticks. Serve alongside Peanut Butter Chocolate Fondue, crushed M&M’s Peanut Butter, and crushed M&M’s regular.
This project idea was part of a recipe contest (didn’t quite make the cut!), but hop on over to the Kellogg’s website to see the final 8 contenders! So many fun ideas were submitted and I can’t wait to make a few of them to try out!