Mix up a batch of Peppermint DIY Bath Salt and pair it with these free printable gift tags for homemade holiday gifts your friends & family will love!
As someone who has absolutely no holiday shopping done yet, I figured it was at least time to get my holiday crafting on. And being that I have a new love affair with peppermint & an ongoing love affair with LUSH bath & body everything, I thought I’d try my hand at mixing up a batch of peppermint DIY bath salt to gift to my fellow bath-lovin’ friends.
What You Need to Make DIY Bath Salt Gifts
- For the DIY Bath Salt: Baking soda, epsom salt, sea salt, and peppermint oil.
- For the Tubs & Gift Tags: Avery Printable Tags (#22802), 8 oz. plastic container, colored cardstock, printable gift tag template for Avery Design & Print Online, baker’s twine, and cellophane for wrapping.
How to Make Peppermint DIY Bath Salt Gifts:
Step 1: Mix DIY Bath Salt
- Mix 1 1/2 cups epsom salt, 1 cup sea salt, and 1/2 cup baking soda in a large bowl.
- Add in 5-10 drops of peppermint oil and use a whisk to distribute evenly (add more oil, as desired).
- Scoop about 1 cup of bath salt into each 8oz. plastic container and close with lid. Each batch makes 3 cups of DIY bath salt, which means you can make 3 giftable containers with each one. Double or triple batch, as needed.
Tip: Add instructions to the back of the tag by writing something like, “add approximately 1/2 cup of bath salts to a warm bath & enjoy!”
Step 2: Attach Peppermint “Swirls” to Lids
To make these resemble giant peppermint candies, I cut 3 triangles out of colored cardstock and taped them to the top of the container’s lid. You can download a template for these here to help you trace the shape onto the paper you choose. These were designed to fit a 8 oz. container that has a lid diameter of 4.25″, so you may need to resize the template to fit the size of lid/container you choose.
Step 3: Customize & Print Tags
Download & save the Avery Template to your computer. Print and customize the tags through the Avery Design & Print Online software by:
- Go to the Avery website and click “Open A Saved Project: From Your Computer” on the right side of the screen.
- Upload the file you just downloaded. Use the text editor to select the text and add your own name to the bottom as the “from” field.
- Print on Avery Printable Tags (#22802) and tear away from sheet.
Tip: Using Avery Print & Design Online, you can not only can you customize the “type” of bath salts you create (i.e. you can change it from peppermint to lemon if you’d like!), but you can also easily input your own name in the “from” section.
The other fun thing I discovered in the software today was that you can use the eyedropper tool to also change the colors to ANY color you’d like. So if you do want to use these gift tags for lemon bath salt later on, you can completely change the wording AND the color to a yellow theme. After you’re finished customizing, print on a sheet of Avery gift tags, and you’re on your way to easy gifting!
Step 4: Wrap in Cellophane & Attach Tags
Wrap each container with cellophane, tie off the sides with baker’s twine to look like a wrapped piece of candy, and tie off with a tag!
Please note that these files are for personal use only and redistribution or reselling for commercial use is strictly prohibited. If you would like to spread the word about this printable, you are free to do so but (A) must link directly back to this post for download (please do not link directly to the printable download file) and (B) may only use one image from the post. Thank you for your cooperation!